[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Problem slimming down mod

Jardic kcconway01 at cox.net
Sat Jun 1 17:14:18 CEST 2019

I use 7zip, it allows you to add/remove files without unzipping a file.
have a copy of the module opened in edit mode. before deleting a file
check to ensure that its not currently the one being used.

Another thing I do. when I update a .png, .jpeg ect. copy the new
picture over the old one (same name).
1. Then in vassal editor go to the link to that picture.
2. link to a different graphic already in use, say ok.
3. reopen and re-link to original name.

As long an you use same graphic names, vassal doesn't include new files
to the VMOD.
HOWEVER be careful I use multiple folders for organization when making a
module.
Nothing will destroy a module quicker than calling 2 (two) identically
named files into a VMOD.