[messages] [Developers] PlaceAt vs PlaceOrMerge

danj3000 danj3000 at outlook.com
Wed Jun 12 20:07:36 CEST 2019

Hello,

I'm using java to spawn some playing pieces from an imported team
roster. I find the pieceSlot that matches, use the PieceCloner to expand
the piece and all traits, and then add it to the Map.

However, I'm struggling to understand the difference between
Map.placeAt, and Map.placeOrMerge. The former appears to work, but
doesn't record later piece movements in the logFile correctly, whereas
placeOrMerge seems to work fine.

Could an uber-vassaler explain the difference please?

Dan