[messages] [Module Design] Placing counters on counters

mike0liver m.oliver121 at btinternet.com
Sat Jun 15 17:53:48 CEST 2019

I've been looking at the manual and am now wondering if I have
misunderstood a basic concept. The circular status indicators are, in
the board game (about Napoleonic manoeuvre & combat), chits that are
placed beside a brigade to indicate how many Command Points its
brigadier can dispose of. They are used to adjust dice rolls that affect
morale, disorder, etc., and, at the start of each turn, a commander
receives a set number of CPs which are stacked beside his brigade. Each
time he uses one during a turn, the chit is deleted (returned to stock).
I wish to represent these actions in the module and I have tried to
replicate what happens in the board game by creating small circular
chits to represent the real chits.

I suspect this may be an error and that I have to put an image on the
brigade counter (representing the circular "chit") which is a layer
trait of that counter and not a physical component. Does that sound
right?

Regards,
Mike