[messages] [Module Design] Add back Definition of Player Sides?

eljayplay info at eljayplay.com
Mon Mar 4 03:16:33 CET 2019

When I first created my module, I didn't need players sides. Me being
the OCD developer that I am, I deleted the node (didn't want any kruft
hanging around, nor a retire button in the game for no
reason)—assuming I could just add it back later if I ever needed it.
Well, now it's later and my module needs player sides, but there is no
option to add the node. Why not? Is there any way for me to get this
node back into my module?

I found a rather old post in these forums about some workaround by
extracting the module as a .zip file and then editing the buildfile to
include the node markup. However, once you extract a module, you can't
package it back up as a working .vmod, as far as I can tell.

Pointers? Would rather not have to re-build my module from the ground
up...