[messages] Edit: Re: [Module Design] Mask and Peek

Edo1952 evisconte at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 20 01:19:27 CET 2019

[This message has been edited.]

Hello Vassal Community<

I looked through the forum for a specific problem I'm having regarding
mask.
I would like to mask my pieces and the opponent to each other on the
board
but retain visibility to one's own.
I made the back which will be added to all the units
All units have their own commands within the unit menu
CTRL-A activates the unit marker
I can change the elan value to it as the unit takes hits, or increase it
if unit is rallied.
I can rotate x 4 sides (only for now later I'll test 6)
(the elan value rotates as well, not sure how to go about fixing it in
place)
I added the mask last, including a picture which is of the same
dimension as the piece.
All units  A and B side have their own scrollable list and they appear
with the 'active face'
When I move them from the list to the game map they don't change to the
mask side (visible to all sides)
On the game map portion these unit markers should only show the masked
side which would need to be
flipped in combat, or revealed by scouting (I'm not automating any of
these actions at the moment)
Both players if my mask is successful  should see the ID of the unit but
keep it
hidden until certain conditions are met (I cited two)
Can anyone help me ?
Thank You