[messages] [Module Design] Add deck permissions to new sides

ClayTon1 cbryant0001 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 23:21:50 CEST 2019

I'm trying to edit an existing module called Paths of Glory for my own
use. The end goal is to take a two-player game, where both players have
their own decks of cards, and make it so four players can join, where
two players take each side and have access to the decks.
I have been able to easily create new sides (simply named Allied Powers
2 and Central Powers 2), and I can allow them to see the correct card
hands, but I can't get them to be able to move the cards or interact
with them or the decks in any way. The individual cards all have a
prototype that contains the "restricted access" property in the
definitions. I have tried adding the new sides to the restricted access
property, unchecking the "prevent non-owning players from moving the
piece" box, and I have even deleted the property from the prototypes
altogether. None of those have worked. The decks themselves have no such
restrictions, and I cannot figure out why I cannot connect the sides to
the right cards. I can't even remove those restrictions overall, which
would also be suitable.
If anyone could give some advice as to how to handle card restrictions,
or where to look for them, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks in advance!