[messages] [Module Design] Add deck permissions to new sides

kerkael kerkael at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 15:32:14 CEST 2019

hi ClayTon1. If I understand your needs, you wanted 2 players to play
with the same side. But in Vassal, a Side is a player identity.

Let's say you have 4 colors defined as sides (Vassal term), and you want
2 Teams.

The cards from each deck will have a proto linked to its team colors:

Proto: Team A: Restricted Access: Red and Blue (Green and Black won't be
able to move the cards)
Proto: Team B: Restricted Access: Green and Black (Red and Blue  won't
be able to move the cards)

When a player joins the game, they choose their color ... so their team.
If you want to make it possible to choose the team later, then you need
to give a Global Property for each player, when they join, maybe
randomly, and define your protos based on these GP, and not on the
colors, which is not possible for Restricted Access. Instead, you'll
need to define Restricted Commands. With a matching property ... but
then I don't see how you can restrict the moves ...
Maybe you prevent ALL cards from being moved, and you only commands to :
play, draft, draw, replace, turn, send to location ... and act on these
to restrict commands ...