[messages] [Developers] Test builds for 3.3.0

Malnorma malnormacxio at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 11:36:15 CEST 2019

I found a problem with a specific module.  I'm not sure what's
different, as this doesn't report an error in 3.2.17, but the classes in
the stacktrace haven't changed a lot either.  I've trimmed the rest of
the stacktrace as it's all java.desktop/awt stuff for painting:

java.lang.NullPointerException: null
        at java.desktop/java.awt.Point.<init>(Point.java:82)
        at VASSAL.build.module.Map.componentCoordinates(Map.java:972)
        at
VASSAL.build.module.map.StackMetrics.draw(StackMetrics.java:330)
        at VASSAL.build.module.Map.drawPiecesInRegion(Map.java:1511)
        at VASSAL.build.module.Map.paintRegion(Map.java:1479)
        at VASSAL.build.module.Map.paintRegion(Map.java:1472)
        at VASSAL.build.module.Map$View.paint(Map.java:2597)
        at
java.desktop/javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(JComponent.java:908)

The failure occurs when loading a map for a new game.  The module main
map uses a couple of "card" decks that aren't really cards at all (just
card bjects with no images attached, used to spawn some map templates
when a player clicks a button).  I'm mentioning that because I think it
may be related to the problem, but I haven't tried to actively debug it
at all and may be way off.