[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Vassal under Apple Catalina

Malnorma malnormacxio at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 21:28:21 CEST 2019

"zgrose" wrote:
> The easiest way to run an application blocked by OS X is still to go
> to System Preferences... Security and you should see a message saying
> that VASSAL was blocked. Click the Run Anyway or whatever the button
> is called (not at a Mac at the moment) and OS X will do all the work
> for you.

This is no different to simply using the right-click > open command.  It
allows the app to run, but does not remove the quarantine attribute, and
will still run afoul of this issue on Catalina.

"uckelman" wrote:
> What do we need to do so that this isn't necessary?

The app needs to be signed and notarised using an Apple developer
account.  I don't remember if this requires the $99 fee.