[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Vassal under Apple Catalina

Malnorma malnormacxio at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 07:30:18 CEST 2019

You've got it.  It does look a bit complicated, but all you're doing is
running a program with some extra information about what you want it to
do:

xattr - a program to manage extended attributes
-d - delete an attribute
-r  - do the delete on all files and folders within the target folder
com.apple.quarantine - the name of the attribute to delete
/Applications/VASSAL.app - the target folder for the command

If this was meant to be a long-term solution, I'd suggest adding it to
the main Vassal script, but I'm hoping a better solution will be found.