[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Vassal under Apple Catalina

Tom Russ taruss2000 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 23:38:20 CEST 2019

Not sure if it is relevant, but from Apple's website, here are some of the
new Catalina "features": https://www.apple.com/macos/catalina/features/

Enhanced GatekeeperGatekeeper will ensure that all new apps you install —
from the App Store or the internet — have been checked for known security
issues by Apple before you run them the first time and periodically
thereafter. This extends the protection from the app’s source to include
automated checks for what’s in the app.

Data protectionsmacOS Catalina checks with you before allowing an app to
access your data in your Documents, Desktop, and Downloads folders; iCloud
Drive; the folders of third-party cloud storage providers; removable media;
and external volumes. In addition, you’re asked before an app can perform
key logging or capture a still or video recording of your screen.