[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Vassal under Apple Catalina

Tom Russ taruss2000 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 23:38:50 CEST 2019

And from https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/macos-catalina-problems/
How to fix MacOS Catalina file access problems

As part of Catalina’s security overhaul, Apple had changed how apps are
able to access your files. Like on an iPhone, when you open a newly
downloaded app, Catalina may launch a popup asking you to grant permission
to that app to access specific files or folders. If you denied access and
change your mind, you can do so by opening up your Mac’s System Preferences
app in the dock.

Next, you’ll choose *Security and Privacy*, and you’ll want to click on *Files
and Folders* in the left pane. On the right pane, you’ll find a list of
apps along with their file access privileges, and you can click on the
individual apps to make your changes.

After you’re done granting or revoking file access privileges, be sure to
restart the app for the changes to take effect.