wiki > How To's
VASSAL Engine How-To's
Detailed instructions on how to implement specific functions in your module, or to use the more complex VASSAL features.
How To's should be detailed step-by-step instructions to show how to implement a specific function. You should include plenty of screenshots from a publicly available module. Create pages in the how_to namespace by prefixing them with how_to:. For example, use [[foobar|How to implement a foobar in your module]] as the link to your page.
- How to reset 'Fired' markers only on counters that have actually fired
- How to simulate 'flipping' of cards from deck or keep them revealed on a specific map
- How to activate selected units that match a randomly drawn chit
- How to send a card to the bottom of a Deck
- How to make changeable variants of terrain counters on a Map board