Module:A Distant Plain
|Publisher||GMT Games||Era||Modern Warfare|
|A Distant Plain.vmod||Module||31.07 MB||2013-09-03||3.2.8|
1. You will need to use VASSAL Engine version 3.2.8 or higher to use this module.
2. A right-click on Population boxes (Kabul and Provinces) and Econ values (on LOCs) produces a menu to expedite placement of most game pieces.
3. To create the deck, open the Deck Preparation Window by pressing the button on the toolbar. Inside this window, a single click of the "Create Deck" button which corresponds to the scenario you wish to play. The button will generate the deck which will appear on the map on the left side of the main map screen.
4. In accordance with GMT's wishes, we will not be including the Solitaire game charts in the module. Thank you for understanding!
5. The module automatically calculates Total Support and Opposition + Bases. To adjust Support/Opposition, right-click on the Support/Opposition/Neutral button in each province space. As Support/Opposition is adjusted, the module will shift the Support and Op+Bases markers on the map automatically. As you can see, there are shortcut keyboard commands that can be used on the Support/Opposition/Neutral buttons (Ctrl-[ and Ctrl-]). Note: the Support/Opposition "hotspot" for Kabul is at the 2:00 position, directly opposite the Population notation.
6. Control of spaces is managed dynamically as you move pieces the module will automatically calculate control. During Redeployment, it may be useful to mark GOVT controlled spaces with pawns before you start moving pieces so you can remember what spaces were GOVT-controlled at the start of the phase. Because control is calculated dynamically, during the Redeploy Phase of a Propaganda Round it is recommended that COIN-Controlled spaces be marked with white pawns before moving any pieces. Similarly, it may be helpful to temporarily mark Taliban-Controlled spaces be marked with red pawns.
7. To draw cards from the deck press the "Draw Card" button on the toolbar. Pressing this button will shift the card from the "Upcoming" slot to the "Current" slot on in the card play area on the left side of the main map window. Pressing the "End Card Play" button will discard the current card as well as rearrange the eligibility cylinders.
8. Pieces removed from play (like Coalition pieces removed from the Coalition Casualties box during a Reset Phase) can be dragged to the leftmost "Overflow" box. I've re-labeled this box, "Place Removed Coalition Pieces Here."
9. The Reset button clears movement trails, resets Guerrillas to underground, and adjusts the Islamabad Track all at once. It does not deal with Coalition pieces in the Coalition Casualties box. You must handle this manually!
Known bugs with current version:
- Events played for the Momentum event effect will be sent to the Momentum side of the map (right side), but "End Card Play" button still discards it. TEMPORARY SOLUTION: use right-click on discard deck in Deck Creation window and choose to select card. Select the appropriate event and drag to the Momentum side of the main map. Pressing "End Card Play" button will no longer discard.
- © GMT Games 2013; Volko Ruhnke Design
- Joel Toppen
- Kevin Rohrer
- Dan Carey