Module:Betrayal At House On The Hill
|Publisher||Avalon Hill (Hasbro)||Era||Contemporary|
Files and Module Information
Betrayal at House on the Hill quickly builds suspense and excitement as players explore a haunted mansion of their own design, encountering spirits and frightening omens that foretell their fate.
Betrayal at House on the Hill is a tile game that allows players to build their own haunted house room by room, tile by tile, creating a new thrilling game board every time.
Secretly, one of the characters betrays the rest of the party, and the innocent members of the party must defeat the traitor in their midst before it’s too late!
To play you'll need the "traitor's tome" and the "secrets of survival" books.
PDF Versions of these books may be downloaded from the Wizards of the Coast's website at http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/downloads **note you do not need these downloads for the 2.0 version release**
Updates in 2.0:
- arrow key movement for miniatures
- Dice rolls now show player information along with both the total and individual values for the dice
- Integrated the Secrets of Survival and Traitors Tome into the interface
- New rulebook and FAQ included
- Integrated a 20 scenario fan-made expansion from BoardGameGeek
- Updated report data for moving pieces
- added turn counter, knowledge/might/sanity roll tokens
- reorganized and resized all the windows
- shrunk the cards by ~25% to reduce clutter
- Omen window now shows a numerical readout instead of miniature images
- Alternate player sheets added (optional)
- end turn and haunt roll button added
- Private chat window for the heroes
(In order to use the private chat window move a hero chat token into the chat window to speak with, then have the traitor switch teams to the "Traitor" player side. Everyone but the traitor can access the Hero chat window.)
Updates in 1.1b:
- Dice have been corrected to roll 0-2 instead of 1-6
- Naming of dice changed from "d6" to just "dice"
- Shuffling is now manual instead of at game start only
- Players 1 & 2 added
- Room tiles can now be moved without holding down the shift key
- Discard pile is now face-down
- The Opportunist