|Players||2 to 2||Scale||unknown|
Files and Module Information
|Blitzkrieg Basic Game.vmod||Module||1.32 MB||2015-07-13||3.2.13||cgmclellan|
|Blitzkrieg Tournament Game.vmod||Module||3.89 MB||2015-06-29||3.2.13||cgmclellan|
|Blitzkrieg Module System.vmod||Module||3.45 MB||2015-06-29||3.2.13||cgmclellan|
|Blitzkrieg Module System 1.vmod||Module||3.47 MB||2015-06-29||3.2.13||cgmclellan|
|Blitzkrieg Module System 2.vmod||Module||3.46 MB||2015-06-29||3.2.13||cgmclellan|
|Blitzkrieg in the Pacific.vmod||Module||3.47 MB||2015-06-29||3.2.13||cgmclellan|
|Blitzkrieg Minor Alliances.vmod||Module||3.9 MB||2015-06-29||3.2.13||cgmclellan|
|Blitzkrieg -- Lou Bloss Variant.vmod||Module||3.87 MB||2015-06-29||3.2.13||cgmclellan|
|bzk008.vmod||Module 0.8||1.81 MB||unknown||unknown||rickbill|
|bzk007.vmod||Module 0.7||1.8 MB||unknown||unknown||rickbill|
|bzk.vmod||Module 0.6||1.8 MB||unknown||unknown||rickbill|
|Blitzkrieg ReadMe.pdf||Info||247 KB||2015-06-29||3.2.13||cgmclellan|
|Blitzkrieg 1965 Rules with Q&A.zip||Rules||1.87 MB||2015-06-29||3.2.13||cgmclellan|
|Blitzkrieg 1975 Rules with Q&A.zip||Rules||2.23 MB||2015-06-29||3.2.13||cgmclellan|
|Blitzkrieg Module System Rules.zip||Rules||1.17 MB||2015-06-29||3.2.13||cgmclellan|
|Blitzkrieg Articles.zip||Variants||4.86 MB||2015-06-29||3.2.13||cgmclellan|
|Blitzkrieg Images.zip||Pics||23.82 MB||2015-06-29||3.2.13||cgmclellan|
|Blitzkrieg Fighter Mission Charts.zip||Charts||1.41 MB||2015-06-29||3.2.13||cgmclellan|
|Blitzkrieg Project.vmod||Module||3.99 MB||2013-01-13||3.1.20||Lachre|
|Blitzkrieg Project 1_1.vmod||Module||3.99 MB||2013-02-18||3.1.20||Lachre|
AH's classic boardgame
The cgmclellan VASSAL modules were converted from ADC2 Blitzkrieg module's scenarios with importer developed by Michael Kiefte. Occasionally, importer causes translation problems between systems. If you encounter any difficulty, let me know and I should be able to correct. At one time I went through the arduous, difficult, and time-consuming process of adding AH grid coordinates to VASSAL Blitzkrieg map. I cannot find that module at this time. I will reconstruct the coordinates and add them to all modules later. The following modules are posted:
- Blitzkrieg Basic Game.vmod: Provides counters and map for playing Blitzkrieg Basic Game with or without Basic Game Optional Rules. 1.1 version adds AH grid, reduces mod size, rounds counters, new charts and other small changes.
- Blitzkrieg Tournament Game.vmod: Provides counters for the Tournament Game with or without Tournament Game Optional Rules. Tray contains extra counters and counters for playing all variants, e.g. Blitz '85 and Surface Raiders, except Blitzkrieg in the Pacific.
- Blitzkrieg Module System.vmod: Provides counters and map for Blitzkrieg Module System. Extra counters and counters for all variants except Blitz in the Pacific variant are available in Tray.
- Blitzkrieg Module System 1.vmod: Provides counters and map for Blitzkrieg Module System. Counters are setup for Order of Battle 2 (Strategic Combined Arms Army - Red) versus Order of Battle 3 (Mixed Combined Arms Army - Blue). Extra counters and counters for all variants except Blitz in the Pacific variant are available in Tray.
- Blitzkrieg Module System 2.vmod: Provides counters and map for Blitzkrieg Module System. Counters are setup for Order of Battle 7 (Horde Infantry Army - Red) versus Order of Battle 6 (Standard Infantry Army - Blue). Extra counters and counters for all variants except Blitz in the Pacific variant are available in Tray.
- Blitzkrieg in the Pacific.vmod: Provides counters and map for Jim Stahler's "Blitz in the Pacific" variant. Extra ship counters from War at Sea and War at Sea II and counters for other variants are available in Tray.
- Blitzkrieg Minor Alliances.vmod: Provides counters and map to support Henry Gale's and Geoff K. Burkman's Minor Country Alliances variant.
- Blitzkrieg -- Lou Bloss Variant.vmod: Provides counters and map to support Lou Bloss' Minor Countries; Espionage and Sabotage; and New Weaponry variants.
- v0.7 adds text markers for bookkeeping
- v0.8 adds countermix "maps" and "city markers"
- Blitzkrieg ReadMe.pdf: Although prepared for ADC2 Blitzkrieg module, this provides some detailed information about various Blitzkrieg modules, maps, and units. Not all referenced material is available in VASSAL and, due to differences in systems, some ADC2 features may not be available in VASSAL.
- Blitzkrieg 1965 Rules with Q&A.zip: Complete 1965 rules and charts with published Avalon Hill Questions and Answers in DOC and PDF format.
- Blitzkrieg 1975 Rules with Q&A.zip: Complete 1975 rules and charts with published Avalon Hill Questions and Answers and three individual Q&A lists in DOC and PDF format.
- Blitzkrieg Module System Rules.zip: Eighteen rule modules with charts that can be used individually or in combination to supplement or replace Avalon Hill Blitzkrieg rules.
- Blitzkrieg Articles.zip: Contains the following articles in both DOC and PDF format:
- A New Look at an Old Friend: Robert Harmon's General 20/4 article analyzing Blitzkrieg
- Blitz in the Pacific: Jim Stahler's General 18/6 variant with rules and charts
- Blitzkrieg '85: Jon Mishcon's General 21/6 variant with rules
- Blitzkrieg Propaganda: Early Thomas' General 16/5 article for amusement
- Design Analysis: Larry Pinsky's General 10/6 article referencing development of Blitzkrieg
- Fortifications: General 13/1 Letter, possibly from Glenn Roberts, with optional fortification rules
- Fortresses: General 12/5 Letter from Glenn Roberts with optional fortress rules
- Minor Country Alliances: Gale's and Burkman's General 7/3 variant with rules and charts
- Surface Raiders: Don Greenwood's General 12/2 variant with rules and charts
- Surface Raiders Revisited: General 12/4 letter from Alan Skinner with rules and chart
- The Rest of Blitzkrieg: Dave Roberts' General 12/5 variant with optional rules
- Total Krieg: Robert Harmon's General 23/3 variant with rules and charts
- Total Krieg Rebuttal: General 24/2 letter from Kenneth Burke questioning Total Krieg rules
- Blitzkrieg Variant: Lou Bloss' Wargamer 24/25 variant with rules and charts
- Blitzkrieg Images.zip: Contains the following images in PNG format:
- Blitzkrieg Counters.png: Images available in the Blitzkrieg Tournament Game module. Not all images provided are used in VASSAL modules.
- BlitzPic.png: Image used for VASSAL module flash and available for use as CD jewel face
- Blitzkrieg.png: Image showing different types of counters and terrain in imported Blitzkrieg modules
- BlitzWorld Map.png: Printable ADC2 BlitzWorld mini map that has rivers in hexes rather than on hex sides. Current work on BlitzWorld uses rivers on hex sides rather than in hexes
- Blitzkrieg Mini Map.png: Printable map for game planning
- Blitzkrieg Fighter Mission Charts.zip: Detailed fighter mission flow charts in JPG, PNG, and PDF Format
The Blitzkrieg Project is intended to be a compromise between the simplicity of the original module and the complexity of the Blitzkrieg Module System. It features an updated version of the original map (same overall appearance but larger and with text that should be more readable) and several menu and right-click options (along with improved placement of certain markers to improve their visibility while the unit is in a stack) that should help streamline gameplay. Additionally, the charts were given a visual overhaul. When starting the game, choose the Blitzkrieg Cities setup, as this has pre-placed city counters. Additionally, there is a rough readme file that gives a quick overview of the features of the module and a list of the hotkeys. Version 1.1 adds a button for rolling a six-sided die.