Module:Fields of Fire
|Publisher||GMT Games||Era||Modern Warfare|
|Players||1 to 1||Scale||Tactical|
|2nd Edition 1.4|
|FoF 2nd Ed v1.4.vmod||Module||47.95 MB||2018-02-15||3.2.17|
|FoF 2nd Ed v1.31.vmod||Module||47.95 MB||2018-02-05||3.2.17|
|FoF 2nd Ed v1.2.vmod||Module||47.93 MB||2018-01-03||3.2.17|
|FoF 2nd Ed v1.1.vmod||Module||47.93 MB||2017-12-22||3.2.17|
|FoF 2nd Ed v1.vmod||Module||47.93 MB||2017-12-14||3.2.17|
Video tour of version of the 2nd edition of the VASSAL module may be found here: Fields of Fire VASSAL Module
Version 1.3x update:
- Added missing BUNKER and PILLBOX markers.
- Added right-click function to place PINNED markers. Version 1.31 adds this ability to HQ and to Vehicles.
- Changed PINNED markers so that they are not removed during Cleanup.
Version 1.4 update:
- Fixed bug where Pyro/Grenades on Command Display were removed during Cleanup Button press.
- Adjusted all ammo settings on units to max a 8 ammo.
- Fixed bug with NK tanks and assault guns so that they too have an ammo layer.
- Corrected Normandy order of battle by adding two HMG units (can be attached during certain missions).
- Corrected Korea order of battle by removing surplus LMG team from each platoon; added missing 2/1 75mm RCL PLT (These changes per email with game designer).
Vietnam Version 1.44 update:
(Unofficial) Mod of the v1.4 version by Colin_P; now with added Australians!
- Added - ORBAT and new pieces for D Coy, 6th Bn Royal Australian Rifles
- Added - Australian Leader counters
- Added - Australian M113 troop
- Added - 'Turn Sequence' in Charts
- Added - 'Starlight Scope' counter in the Asset tab for night missions. I played Vietnam mission 2 recently and thought they were a needed counter?
- Added - 'Not Spotted' counter in the Cover tab for newly arriving enemy units
- Added - functionality to better handle hits on Australian three-step units (see the right click menu - it automatically sets the right counters)
- Modified - behaviour of Australian LATs (using 'replace' rather than 'add' units to the right-click menu)
- Modified - Vehicles chart to just show Vietnam units (incl new M113)
- Modified - Potential Contact deck to make creating a random deck easier (I couldn’t get the original mod’s random cards functionality to work right?)
- Modified - Helicopter Staging Areas card to better reflect cyclical nature of movement (Image credit: Ben Hull file on BGG)
- Deleted - a few of the VASSAL UI buttons that I never used
Vietnam V1.4.522 Update:
- Modified - Corrected firepower on M113 counters (from ‘H V’ to ‘A C’)
- Modified -Changed CF/FC hit result on three-step to generate one ‘normal’ Fire team and one Fire team with G! as well as the casualty
- Added - Australian SAS Section counter in Support Units, for use in a Long Tan campaign (see GameBoardGeek)
- Added - ‘General Initiative’ Commands counter on the Command Display, and moved vehicle and helicopters counters out of the way from main Company counters
- Modified - Cosmetic change to the Australian Battalion Ops Officer counter (now a Captain)
Vietnam V1.4.525 Update:
- Added - Counters for A and B Companies, 6 RAR, for use in the Long Tan Campaign.
- Added - Long Tan Force Packages now in Charts, and also separated Enemy Activity Check Hierarchies into their own Tab.
- Modified - Slight amendments to MG Ammo use syntax and sequence (“Increase/Decrease” wording seemed wrong way round, so changed to “Use Ammo/Gain Ammo”. Now also automatically marks unit as Out Of Ammo when last point used.
- Added - New chart on the Enemy Contact tab for the (optional) ‘Vanished Enemies’ process. Added ‘Vanished’ counter under Cover tab. For more on this optional and non-official rule, see BoardGameGeek forum post https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1898187/vanished-variant-or-how-deal-not-under-fire-and-no
- Added - Counters for 3 types of Booby Trap: Punji Stakes (VOF -2), Trip Mine (VOF -3), Artillery Shell (VOF -4)
- Added - ‘Cleared Area’ counter, to help cards that have been cleared stand out, for Victory Point purposes (NB – these cards may be re-occupied by enemy forces!)
GMT's Solitaire Game With Permission from GMT