Module:Fire In The Lake
|Publisher||GMT Games||Era||Modern Warfare|
|FITL VASSAL.vmod||Module||35.9 MB||2014-08-07||3.2.12|
|FITL VASSAL 1.1.vmod||Module||35.95 MB||2014-08-23||3.2.12|
|FITL VASSAL 1.2.vmod||Module||36.15 MB||2014-08-23||3.2.12|
|FITL VASSAL 1.3.vmod||Module||36.15 MB||2014-08-23||3.2.13|
|FITL VASSAL 1.31.vmod||Module||36.2 MB||2014-08-23||3.2.13|
Please read the module instructions below before emailing with questions. Thanks!
1. You will need to use VASSAL Engine version 3.2.13 or higher to use this module.
2. A right-click on Population boxes (Cities and Provinces) and Econ values (on LOCs) produces a menu to expedite placement of most game pieces.
3. To create the deck, press the deck creation button on the right side of screen that corresponds to the scenario you wish to play. The button will generate the deck which will appear on the right side of the main map screen. All unused cards are deleted as are the deck creation buttons.
4. In accordance with GMT's wishes, we will not be including the Solitaire game charts in the module. Thank you for understanding!
5. The module automatically calculates Total Support and Opposition + Bases. To adjust Support/Opposition, right-click on the Support/Opposition/Neutral button in each province space. As Support/Opposition is adjusted, the module will shift the Support and Op+Bases markers on the map automatically. As you can see, there are shortcut keyboard commands that can be used on the Support/Opposition/Neutral buttons (Ctrl-[ and Ctrl-]).
6. Control of spaces is managed dynamically as you move pieces the module will automatically calculate control. During Coup card resolutions, press the "Control Snapshot" button on the toolbar. This will create temporary markers to mark the control situation. These temporary markers are deleted when the "Reset Phase" button is pressed.
7. To draw cards from the deck press the "Draw Card" button on the toolbar. Pressing this button will shift the card from the "Upcoming" slot to the "Current" slot on in the card play area on the left side of the main map window. Pressing the "End Card Play" button will discard the current card as well as rearrange the eligibility cylinders.
8. I do not intend to include an Overflow button. It is clunky and interferes with dynamic control calculation. If things get crowded, "wooden" pieces do stack atop one another. Double-click stacks to separate them.
9. The "Reset Phase" button clears movement trails, resets Guerrillas/Irregulars/Rangers to underground, and deletes temporary control markers that were placed when the "Control Snapshot" button was pressed.
10. I've reduced the size of the cards in this game (as opposed to A Distant Plain). Use the right-click function (Ctrl-S) to send RVN Leader cards to the appropriate space on the map will also enlarge the card. Use that function again to reduce back to regular size for discard.
Known bugs with current version:
None that I can find.
Version 1.31 addresses the following issues:
- Full Game deck re-built to conform to fix 1.3 to module's "Full Game" deck creation button.
Version 1.3 addresses the following issues:
- Full Game deck creation button can cause an error between 5th and 6th coup cards for some users. Thanks to Joel K for finding this pesky bug!
Version 1.2 addresses the following issues:
- Can Tho-Long Phu LOC control feature on Econ symbol has been restored.
- Create Deck Buttons do not delete (as advertised in #3 above).
- Short and Medium Scenario buttons now insert the correct number of Coup cards into deck
© GMT Games 2014; Volko Ruhnke and Mark Herman Design
- Joel Toppen
- Stéphane Renard