|Publisher||Days of Wonder||Era||WWII|
|Players||2 to 8||Scale||Mixed|
|Length||Short||Series||Commands & Colors|
All Memoir '44 content is located inside the main module. Scenarios are available in extensions based on their front. The version 10 module is based on previous versions of this module, but the improvements made are not backwards compatible.
1. Scenarios do not show up in the New Game wizard as you are used to from other or previous modules. If you are in the New Game wizard and wish to load a scenario, cancel the dialog. Look under the File menu for the Scenario Chooser item. In there you can find all loaded scenarios.
2. Due to the large number of scenarios to keep up-to-date, and more being added, errors, mistakes and discrepancies creep in. If you notice any crash or problem with a scenario, please report it to bdgza.
|v10.10 --- all content --- 16 scenarios|
|v28 --- Western, Eastern, Pacific, Mediterranean --- 613 scenarios|
|v5 --- Units from Nations with alternate alliances, for scenario creators only, not required to play|
Extension version numbers are simply incremented when changes are made, so they can be compared to installed versions. Each extension listed above is always the latest version, even if one has a higher or lower version number than another extension. Extensions are updated more frequently than the main module.
Previous Versions (Obsolete)
Old version 10.9.
|v10.9 --- all content --- 16 scenarios|
|v26 --- 243 scenarios|
|v21 --- 110 scenarios|
|v19 --- 100 scenarios|
|v20 --- 138 scenarios|
|v5 --- Units from Nations with alternate alliances, for scenario creators only, not required to play|
Old version 10.8r6.
|v10.8 (release 6) --- all content --- 16 scenarios|
|v25 --- 202 scenarios|
|v20 --- 104 scenarios|
|v18 --- 97 scenarios|
|v19 --- 128 scenarios|
|v4 --- Units from Nations with alternate alliances, for scenario creators only, not required to play|
Old version 10.8r5. For VASSAL 3.1.20.
|v10.8 (release 5) --- all content, no scenarios|
|v22 --- 209 scenarios|
|v15 --- 94 scenarios|
|v13 --- 84 scenarios|
|v15 --- 121 scenarios|
|v3 --- Units from Nations with alternate alliances, for scenario creators only, not required to play|
Old version 10.7r2. Not fully compatible with 10.8.
|v10.7 (release 2) --- all content, no scenarios|
|v16 --- 164 scenarios|
|v9 --- 54 scenarios|
|v7 --- 62 scenarios|
|v8 --- 70 scenarios|
Old version 10.6. Not fully compatible with 10.7.
|v10.6 --- all content, no scenarios|
|v12 --- 145 scenarios|
|v7 --- 48 scenarios|
|v5 --- 51 scenarios|
|v7 --- 60 scenarios|
|v1 --- optional: individual compendium cards|
|v10.6 --- all content, no scenarios (Cards in Spanish)|
|Memoir44vX-Spanish.vmod||Module Spanish Edition||41.36 MB||2012-04-06||3.1.17+|
Version 10 is not backwards compatible. Old scenarios, logfiles and savegames from Module 8.2 (or 9) and before do not work in version 10. If you have any such old files that you would like to play back, you can use the old version. If you are a new player, use Module version 10 above.
|Memoir_44_-_Extension_How_To.txt||Read Me||3 KB||2011-01-16||unknown|
|1.0 German Version|
|Contributors||Bilben, Brummbar, chilinski, Jonny, bdgza, Kaiman|
10.10: What is New?
- Changed how dice are rolled to fix the multiple die roll problems on multi-map scenarios
- Scenarios started in v10.9 should work in v10.10, but scenarios started in v10.10 will not work when played in v10.9. It is always best to use the same version for the scenario and all players
- Updates to the "Choose Scenario" dialog
- Changed the 'unit ordered' graphics for warships
- Added movement path to landing craft units
- Moved scenarios from all fronts into a single extension
- Scenario fixes, scenarios and campaign additions
10.9: What is New?
- 10.9 is not compatible with 10.8. Both players must use the same version of module, and games started in 10.8 should be completed in 10.8
- Added "Move No Further" marker to units. E.g. units that move on Wire my not move further or take ground that turn
- Added Paradrop marker that stays on the map, to be used instead of Battle Star for scenarios with in-game paradrops
- Added a (0) level to the Air Sorties/Landing marker
- New Ocean, Beach and River Mouth tiles
- Start card markers now stay on the board and show the player Command. They can also auto-increase for scenarios where one side was surprised
- Changed the night attack setup marker, and added log text to sun level changes
- Can now right-click directly on river tiles to place a Pontoon Bridge (Terrain 33) - use shift-click to select the river tile
- Added 2 new alternate bridge styles
- Added scenario information markers for Air Power dice and No Barrage
- Added Axis/Allies control markers
- Added a Time Limit marker that prevents Reshuffles of the deck. Also added a panel "Removed Cards" under the Cards toolbar button where cards can be removed from the game without revealing them
- Removed Air Sortie cards from the board, they can be added from the Pieces panel when needed. There are three types of Air Sortie cards depending on the deck used (standard, OL or BT)
- Removed the shortcuts help panel from the side board. The shortcut keys are listed in a help entry under the Help menu
- Added a figure counting piece. When placed on the board it counts Figure Hits on units (not Warships or Airplanes). This is a tool for ladder or tournament games
- Added player hand windows for up to 6 players per side. Added a solitaire Axis / solitaire Allies player side for control of all different Axis / Allies card windows by one player
- Added reinforcements panel (information only, there are no unit factories)
- Fixed stacking of airplanes with aircraft carriers
- Removed the shortcut to the landing craft layer on units. The landing craft is now a separate piece drawn underneath units
- Added extended breakthrough map
- Changed map modes in the Scenario Chooser to support OverThrough/MultiMap. Removed BreakLord
- Added Supported Infantry and Supported Armor unit types
- Removed the Variant Decks since they were too much trouble to update. If this feature is actually used I can find some way to replace the feature under a different form
- Added Bridge Control hex side overlay to show the area used for bridge control
- Added Entry markers
- Added Landing Craft setup marker (for reinforcement entry hexes)
- Improved the LoS tool
- Added overview window
- Minor fixes
- All scenarios have been updated and new ones added
10.8: What is New?
- r6: Updated to VASSAL 3.2.x
- r6: Now includes Base Game scenarios in the module itself
- r5: Fixed bug with Winter Combat Cards on standard sized boards
- r4: Added Hill with Forest terrain
- r3: Fixed scenario errors and updated old scenarios
- r3: Added damage tokens to the railroad engine
- r3: Added air layer for air units so they don't tangle with carriers
- r3: Re-added hex edges (steep hills, bluffs, cliffs, ...), use the Hide Edges button if you don't want to see them
- r3: Fixed railroad car rotation
- r3: Added some new scenarios
- r3: Last release for VASSAL 3.1.x
- r2: Added graphics for extra unit types required by new scenarios
- New unique unit type graphics
- New armies and unit presets
- Updated air units that can rotate, new air action markers
- Changes to enable 3D graphics style
- Axis/Allied command windows to secretly draw from the discard pile (Command Car ability)
- New board types so Axis are always at the top
- Updated compendium cards
- Extra terrain tiles
- Flooded area markers
- Section dividers for crowded setups
- Enlarged the compendium card area to fit more cards
- Changed dice graphics
- Minor fixes and changes
- All scenarios have been updated and new ones added, now over 400 scenarios
10.7: What is New?
- r2: Updated all extensions to fix the capture objective crash
- r2: Added scenario set information
- r2: Added Operation Compass campaign
- r2: Added symbols to paradrop rolls
- r2: Added presets for Italian Armor, Dragoons, Jungle Fighters
- r2: Changed funnies to 3 figure units
- r2: Minor fixes
- Includes new components and unit types from Campaign Book Vol. 2
- Includes new unit types from the Equipment Pack (Compendium card placeholders until expansion arrives)
- Mines are now pre-setup on the board and randomize themselves
- Mines randomize themselves. The first time you Flip a Mines marker it draws a Mines token from the stack of Mines markers. This stack has the same composition as in previous modules, all Mines markers from expansions to date. Once a Mines marker has been Flipped and assigned a value, it keeps that value.
- CAUTION: if you Flipped a Mines marker, and are saving a scenario setup, or need the Mines marker to be random again, either UNDO the initial Flip, or do Return to Pile and drag a new Mines marker from Pieces > Setup. A Mines marker that has been Flipped once will be locked to the selected value, even if you Flip it back again. A scenario setup saved with a Mines marker that has been flipped will have the same Mines value each time.
- Overlord boards now have Field General Initiative dice
- Added new unit type graphics for Combat Engineers, Snipers, Heavy Tank, Ski Troops, Cavalry, Command Cars
- Added On The Move indicator to units (CTRL J)
- Bridges can now be blown up and repaired with right-click commands (CTRL B, CTRL R)
- The retreat flag is now attached to the units (CTRL Q). When you move a unit with a retreat flag it is not ordered
- Can now place Crosshairs directly from units (CTRL S)
- Can now place Smoke directly from units (CTRL K)
- Updated the Unit and Badges Reference in the Help menu
- Scenario Chooser now has a Pick Random Scenario button
- No more Night Chart window, the Night Chart is now created from the USE Night Chart setup piece
- Compendium cards have now been incorporated into the Module, making them standard for all to use
- Compendium cards can now be minimized to a small card icon
- The shortcut keys legend now has 3 tabs with useful commands
- Added more preset unit/badge combinations in the Units window
- More flexible Combat Decks setup
- The Charts window includes tabs with overviews for all cards in the game
- Added a type indicator for the Hobart's Funnies; Bridges can be deployed directly from the unit if type is Bridge; can keep track of Mine Digger use
- Added a Compendium cards drawer underneath each scenario to place Compendium cards
- Camouflage marker is now slightly more visible
- Minor fix to Bridge and Fords layering
- Added Desert Mountain tile
- Fixed a lot of corrupted scenarios from 10.6
- Added hidden alternative shortcut keys for Next/Previous Badge (CTRL-SHFT-U, CTRL-SHFT-I)
Days of Wonder's "Memoir '44"
The module contains content from all Memoir '44 products. If you do not own a certain expansion, ignore the content from that expansion in the module.
If you choose the scenario offer to let your opponent choose the side he wishes to play.
When deciding on a card, place it in the center of the board. The other player then moves the card to the discard pile.
Mark the attacker, and mark the target. After the attack, mark the attacker and target as battled (CTRL-B), this will set the attacher to no battle, and the target clear.
Before rolling the dice, declare how many dice you are rolling, and wait for your opponent to agree.
- Experienced Players: to speed up play, only declare the number of dice before an attack when doing a Close Assault, to give your opponent the chance to play Ambush.
- NOTE: when playing with Combat Cards, Urban or Winter, you must always declare dice before a combat, even when not Close Assault.
If a roll is done for more than the amount of dice allowed, dice are read left to right.
If there is anything that you are doing that may be unclear visually state it in the chat window before you attack.
At the end of your turn, press the "End Turn" button.
- How to remove a wire or sandbags?
- Make sure you have nothing selected (left-click on empty background to make sure if you are not). Shift-left-click on the tile of the wire/sandbags hex. It will select with a black line. Right-click the tile and perform Delete, or use CTRL-D to Delete it.
- How to add sandbags to a unit?
- Open Pieces with the Pieces button. Go to the Obstacles tab. Drag the sandbags from the top section onto the game board where you want the sandbags to be.
- Keep your cards hidden, even in your private hand window. You never know who is looking.
- How to remove the Raft from a unit?
- Select only the unit with the Raft. Press CTRL-I to toggle the Raft for the selected unit.
- How to remove the Battle Star from a unit?
- Select only the unit with the Battle Star. Press CTRL-G to toggle the Battle Star for the selected unit.
- How to remove Camouflage from a unit?
- Select only the unit with the Camouflage. Press CTRL-F to toggle Camouflage for the selected unit. Camouflage is also removed automatically when a unit attacks or moves.
- How to add/remove the Veteran Star to/from a unit?
- Select only the unit. Press CTRL-E to toggle the Veteran Star for the selected unit.
- Where are the unit badges?
- Badges are always attached to a unit, and are not independent pieces. To select a badge for a unit, select the unit, and press CTRL-[ and CTRL-] to cycle to the correct badge.
- If you need any markers or obstacles during your game, they can be found with the Pieces button in the toolbar, under the Markers and Obstacles tabs. Drag the marker or obstacle you need from the display onto the board.
- NIGHT CHART: when using the night chart, it should have been set up on the board. If it is missing, click on the Pieces button in the toolbar, and go to the Setup tab. Drag the small night chart icon onto the board.
- Overlord: there is an Initiative die underneath the board for each Field General. Right-click it and choose Roll. The die is automatically reset when you click End Turn.
- PBEM Retreat: right-click the unit that should retreat and choose Retreat Flag (CTRL Q). A retreat flag is attached to the unit. Choose it multiple times to increase the number of flags, or eventually cycle it back to 0. Units with a retreat flag are not ordered when moved, and the retreat flag is automatically removed.
- MINES: mines have been set up on the board in the scenario setup. Right-click and choose Flip to turn a mine marker over and see it's value. When you do this a random Mines marker is chosen from the stack of available Mines markers. Once a Mines marker has been flipped it's value is set. If you need a random minefield, go to Pieces in the toolbar, and the Setup tab. Drag a Mines marker onto the board.
- OBJECTIVE MEDALS: right-click a non-Permanent objective medal and choose Capture. The objective medal is marked with a flag, and a placeholder medal is created. Drag this medal with the tiny red flag onto your medal score track. If you ever lose the medal, right-click the placeholder medal and choose Delete. Right-click the objective medal on the board and choose Lose Objective.
- CAMPAIGNS: don't forget to check out the Campaigns button in the toolbar for some free campaigns.
There are a few custom Java classes in the Memoir '44 Module. They are nothing special and might not be of use to anyone, perhaps even done wrongly, but since they're in the module, I'll put the code here too.
|M44vX Custom Classes.zip||Java Source Code||24 KB||2014-11-19||3.2.x|
- Greg O
- Darcy Burgess