Module:Paths of Glory
Files and Module Information
|7.2 Spanish Edition|
- Added 2013 WBC Historical Variant VP space changes
- Renamed scenario: WBC Historical Variant --> WBC Historical Variant (2012).
- Created scenario: WBC Historical Variant (2013); based on WBC 2012 with modification.
- (i) added AP VP space in AMIENS;
- (ii) removed AP VP space in MINSK.
- Added corps needed to play with the optional cards (2xPolish corps, 1xRussian cavalry, 2xUS corps)
- Adjusted initial zoom level of AP hand window to be same as CP hand window
- Adjusted initial zoom level of decks window
7.2 Spanish Edition
- Cards in Spanish
- Compatible with the English version
- Trench markers now draw beneath armies and corps
- Changing a Besieged marker to a Fort Destroyed marker now correctly reports the location
- Added the missing dot on the front side of the RU Caucasus army
- Fixed the broken menu options for sending AH armies to Vienna or Budapest
- Added the option for a Solo player with access to both hands and all card decks, eliminating the need to hit Retire and switch sides
This is a fairly significant update to the previous version. Maybe it should be version 7.1 to make that more clear, but oh well. Please read "How to Use This Module" in the Help menu before you begin!
One substantial change you may notice is that there are fewer scenario choices, but the ability to mix and match options to come up with the same variety of ways to play remains. Instead of separate setup files for all the combinations of using Guns of August (or not), the Optional Setup (or not), and the expansion cards (or not), I've streamlined things as follows:
- Guns of August starts in the Discard Pile. If the CP player wishes to take it, simply put it in your hand and draw your remaining cards. If not, drop it onto the Draw Deck to shuffle it in and draw your hand normally.
- The expansion cards start in the Card Decks window in their own pile, rather than as pieces in a hidden palette that require a separate scenario file to use them. Just drag and drop them onto the appropriate decks before getting started if you want to use them, or leave them where they are if not.
Choose the Optional Setup scenario to get the additional RU and AH corps onto the map as specified in rule 4.2.4.
For fans of the historical variants, there are now 2 choices, by popular demand:
- Select Historical Variant to get the setup in rule 5.7 of GMT's 2010 reprint of the game.
- For those who wish to play the WBC version of this variant (which involves a different VP space in Russia), select WBC Historical Variant.
In both cases, Guns of August starts in the Removed pile as if it's already been played, Liege is pre-marked as destroyed, and the GE armies are moved into position and activated for attack. The modified VP spaces are on the map (using non-stackable/selectable map overlay pieces from a hidden palette).
- Fort Destroyed, Control, and Trench markers are all in separate game piece layers now, to make sure they get drawn in the right order and don't stack or move with units. The order from bottom to top is: Besieged/Fort Destroyed, Control, Units, Trenches.
- Mini fort destroyed markers are included (as in the Cyberboard gamebox) that you can use to cover up a destroyed fort's loss factor, since the normal Fort Destroyed marker will be obscured by a control marker.
- Several images got replaced by SVG graphics to further cut down the file size.
- The Help and sequence of play are now HTML files rather than images.
- The Game Turn, US Entry, Russian Capitulation, and War Status markers all move using the left and right arrow keys. The Combined War Status marker moves automatically if you update AP and CP War Status this way, although they can be moved manually if you wish.
- Removed unused graphics left over from Cyberboard gamebox and Thumbs.db from images folder (file size reduced to 7.1 MB)
- fixed Historical Variant scenario (had a missing trench or two)
- re-saved all scenarios to eliminate old "Bad Data in Module: Could not find map Delete" errors
- changed About screen to show game box art
- added grids for Turn, US Entry, Russian Capitulation, Mandated Offensives, and General Records tracks so markers snap into place
Version 7d and prior
GMT approval, ported from Thierry Aradan's CB gamebox. Version 4 with 2004 cards scanned in (low-res), and card counter added.
- Eddy Riggs