Module:The Hunters: German U-Boats at War, 1939-43
|The Hunters.vmod||Module||17.69 MB||2013-12-06||3.2.8|
|The The Hunters v2.1.vmod||Module||17.04 MB||2014-03-19||3.2.8|
(c) 2013 by Consim Press.
Version 2.0 is up and ready for use! Please read over the module instructions below before emailing me with questions. Thanks!
Version 2.0 Module Instructions:
- 1. Each U-Boat now has its own window. Click on the button on the toolbar that corresponds to the U-Boat you wish to use.
- 2. IMPORTANT: Most markers are built into the various windows and displays. Simply right-click where a counter would ordinarily be placed to discover such hot-spots (many are invisible until used). The following is a list of "built-in" markers:
- Rank markers
- Award markers
- Damage markers
- Escort markers (on combat mat)
- Air markers (on combat mat)
- Wolfpack markers (on combat mat)
- 3. You do not need to roll dice and consult the T tables for targets. A counter has been made for all target counters (sans optional targets). Targets are in "decks" on the left side of the screen. Drawing a counter from these decks produces a random draw each time. Right-click on the target to flip it over to reveal tonnage.
- 4. A patrol log is on the right of the combat mat. Each month has a box. Dragging a target counter into these boxes will create a running calculation of tonnage sunk and ships sunk. NOTE: you can drag non-target counters into these boxes (like Mine or Abwehr) to mark the success of a patrol that failed to sink anything, BUT because VASSAL counts each counter in each box as a ship counter, the number of ships sunk will be in error until you drag such a counter out of its box.
- 5. Nearly all of the game's charts have been included (including the superfluous "T" charts in case you prefer to use that method instead of drawing counters from decks).
- Joel Toppen