|Publisher||GMT Games||Era||Modern Warfare|
|Year||2006||Topic||The Cold War|
|Play By E-Mail - 1.0.5|
|Play By E-Mail - 1.0|
|Twilight-Struggle-PBEM-1.0.vmod||Module||6.58 MB||2013-03-26||up to 3.2.7|
|Deluxe -3.0.10a Spanish Edition|
|2nd Edition - 1.3|
|1st Edition - 2.5|
|Contributors||mkiefte, tmccarron, jtesser, swampwallaby, bdgza, Kaiman, Dangulica, Benkyo|
- Minor bug fixes
- Will now appear in its own room in VASSAL to prevent syncing with older versions
- Compiled for Java 5 for backwards compatibility with older JREs
- Added a dialog which asks if you're sure you want to play a card in the Space Race (which cannot be undone). This alert can be turned off in the preferences.
This module looks the same as the previous version but it works very differently. Here's a quick summary:
- full rules automation and enforcement
- support for PBeM
- support for solo play
- ability to randomly assign sides
- chess clocks to track time played for each side
- will show legal influence placement for both regular Op play and individual events
- dialogs are modeless which means that you can still move around the mapboard even when a dialog has popped up
- alerts players when they are to play (can be turned off in options).
- options to close hand when card played automatically (in options).
- automatically advance turn tracker when finished or done manually (so you can undo a play if you have second thoughts -- available in options)
- better support for undo (some things you cannot undo: whenever die is rolled, whenever a random card is drawn, when opponent can react, etc.)
- other things that I can't think of right now (but those are the main ones)
This has been tested for two months by a team of playtesters, but that doesn't mean there are no bugs. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you find anything.
And, as always, I am open to suggestions. That doesn't mean I'll implement them, but I will take them seriously and I usually do implement them (a lot of the above changes are the results of suggestions). Keep in mind that some things are impossible because this is still basically based on VASSAL.
Designed for play-by-email using ACTS to handle cards and dice rolls. This ensures fair play and allows play on any device with a browser. Update the board state on Vassal at your convenience.
- Automated influence token flipping
- Fixed influence reporting
- Added deck list to toolbar - card use can optionally be tracked here by right-click commands
- Added discarded card marking to optionally track cards prior to a reshuffle
- Automated event markers, mid/late war deck addition, deck reshuffle when marking
Please contact Benkyo for any feedback regarding PBEM 1.0.5.
- Darcy Burgess
- Luca Di Gennaro
- Eddy Riggs
- Dan Kaufman
- Roger Leroux
- John Anderson
- John Longstreet
- Mark Johnson