Module:World in Flames
|Publisher||Australian Design Group||Era||WWII|
|World in Flames Final Edition 8.542||Module (@200megs)||"World in Flames Final Edition 8.542" does not exist||2016-06-15|| 3.2.16
Module is hosted through DDD Game Designs website See version history below for more information.
|World in Flames Final Edition 8.2.zip||Module (233megs)||"World in Flames Final Edition 8.2.zip" does not exist||2016-03-05|| 3.2.15
Module version is Superceded by 8.542. See version history below for more information.
|World in Flames 888.zip||Module||"World in Flames 888.zip" does not exist||2015-06-02|| 3.2.15
Module is hosted here, RAW8 module with KiF, alternate off-map hex arrangement, and counter trails
|World in Flames 881.zip||Module||"World in Flames 881.zip" does not exist||2015-06-02|| 3.2.15
Module is hosted here, module updated for RAW8
|7.00 - Reskin|
|World in Flames 700 - Reskin.zip||Module||536 bytes||2012-08-09|| 3.1.15
Module is hosted here replace .zip with .vmod
|World in Flames 700.zip||Module||2 KB||2011-10-09|| 3.1.15
Module is hosted here
|World in Flames 630.vmod||Module||"World in Flames 630.vmod" does not exist||2011-10-09||unknown|
|World in Flames 630.vmod||Module||"World in Flames 630.vmod" does not exist||2011-10-09||unknown|
|World in Flames 623.vmod||Module||"World in Flames 623.vmod" does not exist||unknown||unknown|
|Contributors||Paul_wifferGriffitz62, bpzrd,pdulisse,Dabrion,Mike "Davout" Fuller|
Now includes: AfA, AsA, MiF, PiF, SiF, PaTiF, AiF, DoD3, 2008 Annual.
Version 6.30 files and related information can be found here
The v6.30 release is a slightly different version of this module - 99% the work of the original author so all credit remains with him - that adds a few (hopefully) useful features. It is a different development trunk from the original module so don't expect them to be compatible in the long run.
This also has been a labor of love for what I also consider to be the best grand strategy wargame. None of the following would be possible without the excellent efforts of Kendall Griffiths and those who assisted him in getting the module as far as Version 6.23
New Author and Development Trunk
Development efforts have transitioned to a new author. Information on current development efforts are posted periodically at this blog
Module v6.39 is hosted here
To Download v7.00: Click the link below, once there, Click on "Download". It will warn there is no virus check. There is nothing in the file other than the Vassal module. Click the "Download anyway" link to download the module. NOTE: The Vassal program will directly open this zip file as a Vassal module. You do NOT have to unzip its contents. (If desired, Vassal can also be used to edit it and will save the module as file type "zip" rather than "vmod".)
Module v7.00 is hosted here
Key Changes to Version 7.00 of World in Flames for Vassal
Version 7.00 Additions and Changes (in order of importance):
- Added the ability to randomly draw US Entry Chits and keep them secret to only the drawing player. Added a “Chit Randomizer” above the US Entry Pools on the American mini-map, for the purpose of randomly moving chits from an Entry Pool to a Tension Pool. See Using U.S. Entry Chits.
- Modified all the Force Pools to include Random Pick boxes.
- Added a two pixel wide black bar to the bottom and right sides of all the counters. This gives them a bit of “relief” in their appearance but more importantly, it adds delineation between them when you get the fly-out picture by hovering over a stack with the mouse. It used to drive me crazy (and cross-eyed) looking at a big stack of naval units!
- Added hotkeys to toggle the appearance of each Force Pool and the other maps. All of these use the ALT key plus one letter which is the first letter of the tab at the top. Some exceptions: for Charts, you use ALT-W for Weather, because it is one often recalled. (There are no other hotkeys once you are within the Charts.) ALT-B for the Commonwealth ( Britain ) and ALT-R for USSR ( Russia ).
- Revised the appearance of the Weather and Naval Combat charts to reduce the need to scroll them or to resize their windows.
- Added the Simple FiF production chart to each Force Pool (for optional use) – thanks to Lane Brody for the rules and Glen Bailey for the chart. (Also, players may find it more convenient to use these Repair, Construction, Reserve and Lend Lease pools then the ones on the Production spiral, but suit yourself.)
- Added two new holding areas for the Nazi-Soviet Pact Chits over top of where the “World in Flames” and “Patton in Flames” logos were on the Eastern European map.
- Added an area for scrapped units to be placed because the original way of marking them obscured what they were. This way you just drag the unit to the scrap area.
- Added one Global War set-up file to the list under File/New Game. It is for deluxe with POLiF but without Heavies, AiF, and PatiF and adds only the land units from the 2008 Annual. It is the only set-up presently which has many units already placed in their Random Pick boxes. Of course you can edit it to add/delete any units you like and make your own starting deluxe ‘vsav’ file.
- Re-ordered the unit right click menu items so that “Delete” and “Flip” are at opposite ends of the menu (to help prevent the oft-made error of deleting rather than flipping a unit) and removed the right-click menu items of “Scrapped”, “Counter-in-play” and “Random Select” (as they did not seem useful). Unfortunately, this is not a retroactive change and each unit must be deleted and then re-created for it to take effect, so it will only apply to units created going forward.
- Changed the auto-reporting of moves to be more verbose.
- Added an area for destroyed units to each Force Pool so players have the option to decide at turn-end on scrapping them, as this often is a time-saver in PBEM games.
- Added a Pilot Track and an O-Point Track to each Force Pool (for optional use), although you may prefer to use a more common area such as the Production Spiral Pilot Track, to have an overview of all Power’s O-points at one go.
- A good side effect to all the Force Pool changes is that you don’t seem to have to resize their windows or scroll them as much when you open them. (A caveat is that this may be monitor-size-dependent though. Mine is 1680 x 1050.)
- Changed the presentation of the Help information from plain text to HTML. Note here that when you use these Help files, Vassal will remember whichever one you viewed last and the next time you click on “Help Files” the last one viewed is what you’ll see. (This does not carry over to the next time you use the Vassal WiF module.) At the bottom of each Help File are links back to where you came from.
For questions or suggestions for further improvements, please email me at: Paul_wiffer@yahoo.com
Note: Due to its large size (>120MB) these modules cannot be hosted here.
Version 7.00 Reskin
Version 7.00 Reskin is exactly the same as version 7.00 except the 4 primary maps (East & West Europe, Asia, and Pacific) have been re-skinned. Module v7.00 is hosted here
Any comments or suggestions please contact me at http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/Davout1806
I would like to thanks Board Game Geeks: azalin1982 and especially wifwendell for their suggestions.
-- Mike "Davout" Fuller
- Modified version of 7.00 with charts updated for RAW8 and other minor tweaks
Version 8.81 with the following additions:
- toggleable counter-trails
- Khaki in Flames additional counters & resources
- added convoy points tokens with incrementable values
- added Andrew Rader's alternate off-map hex map mod (all off map hex areas are changed/expanded)
DDD Game Designs Version 8.2 This is not a continuation of 8.88 and does not include the alternate off-map hex arrangement. This mod is a complete face lift from the older 7.0 mod with numerous new features and greatly improved image quality. Also it is worth noting that while this Mod does include RAW 8 Tables there is no official RAW 8 Mod for WiF at this time. A short list of improvements follows:
- Improved Image Quality for all counters.
- The addition of DOD cards.
- The Addition Of FiF cards,
- Off map box signs for use when Scandinavian or African maps are used.
- Completely revamped Force pool cards to include Deck stacks for each Kit
- Force Pool decks that automatically randomize draws.
- The addition of a "Transfer Pool" window for Fascist Tide Scenario.
- Partisan counter Stack randomizer
- Leaders in flames Leaders Stack Draw Pile (Cup)(Randomizer)
- US entry pools window for use with any scenario and DOD. Complete with chit randomizer
- Vichy entry Map screen with Chit randomizer.
- DOD Naval Treaty Map window
- Enlarged Production Spiral to clear up congestion
- Revamped task force Display window to reflect SiF Task Force Display.
- Improved color richness for all maps
- Added Air to Air Mat to help make Air to Air combat more pleasant.
- Added treaty chart and war chart for DOD
- Added Scenario Set up screens and help files for variants
- Added transfer boxes to transfer counters from the Force pool to the production spiral and then to the map.
- Transfer boxes for moving counters from one map to another map. (US, Scand, Africa)
- Khaki counters for British units.
- Addition of KiF alternate units all Nationalities.
- Additional counter tab for Resources and Oil
- Additional Zoom Options for Production Spirals and Task Force Windows
- Raw 8 tables and charts added.
- Updated standard charts and tables
- Add counter "Send to" Commands for "Destroyed This Turn", "Repair Pools" and "Task Force" map windows.
- Task Force map transfer boxes.
- Custom Task Force counters and Labels for Task Force Screen.
- Add Symbolic Dice.
- Add game piece for tracking O-points, Pilots and Oil.
- Scan and Add Complete National Territorials
- Split East Coast/West Coast Maps for AiF USA Map which can be fitted to either side of Main 4 Maps.
- Added Weather window for better tracking of weather.
- Cleaned up force pool decks to actually report units accurately.
- Implemented Masking ability for Entry Chits, Partisans, and Leaders.
- Add Nazi Soviet Pact Chit board.
- Reorganized FiF Cards to a Tabbed Map Button.
- Added availability TXT Labels for all CVP.
- Added "Send to" Air to Air Mat Europe/Pacific and return command for all Aircraft counters.
Some minor counter corrections but otherwise unchanged from 8.2. For ongoing games between versions just select refresh counters from the tools menu and save your game.
This version is a next generation mod and is not compatible with previous versions of WiF Mods. It is recommended that you download the help PDF until you become more comfortable with many of the new features.
You can download that file here
A special thanks goes out to Eric, a French Mod Designer for his many contributions.
Version 8.5.2 - Some minor corrections for counters. otherwise same as 8.5.
Version 8.53 - Added missing counter to some Force pools and added a rotate command for forts. Also added an overview window.
Version 8.54 - uses smaller map files saving 100 megs of space in the mod and corrects missing game scenario setups.
Version 8.541 - Corrected rotaton for fort counters and file converted to VMOD.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me or visit my web page at www.dddgamedesigns.com. or send an e-mail to email@example.com