Module talk:Terraforming Mars
How to play (V1.0.6 and later)
Each player's map has a Universal Modifier button in the middle, associated with 4 buttons :
- -- takes 10 from the modifier
- - takes 1
- + adds 1
- ++ adds 10
The modifier can take any value between 1 and 99 (99 is quite big)
Each player's map also has a + and - button associated to each production and stock. These buttons will add or remove the value of the universal modifier from the item. It's still possible to edit the value of each of these elements from the toolbar buttons, but faster to use +/- when you want to add/remove 1 or 2 units.
How to play (V1.0.5 and later)
No rules enforcement in this module. You play as if you were in front of the board game.
Just a few securized/automized elements, though :
- Cards from corpo era can be sent in one click to the main projects cards deck.
- Right click on the projects card deck allows for multi-pick : chose 10 for the 1st research, then 4 for each future generation. The number only applies for the next pick-up, afterward it's going back to default 1 by 1. Additionally, it has Draw 1 Card and Draw 4 Cards that directly moves the cards to the hand and flips them
- each player has 3 boards (v 1.1 and after) :
Visible by all, indicates production and resource levels. There are toolbar buttons to change each of them. On Generation advance (through the main map) all resources are updated accordingly.
Hidden from other players. Cards MUST be placed here from the main board projects Deck, so their name is hidden from each player. During research phase, if you want to buy the cards, you have a reminder of 3M to pay for each. If discarded, they will go to discard pile as hidden from other players.
Visible by other players, but private. This means one can't move cards on another player's board. This to avoid looking at the red cards after they are played. On this map, blue cards may have resources and/or ACTION action. The resources increases or decreases a counter that is shown with the card; the ACTION is a reminder that the cards has been activated, and should receive a coloured cube until next generation. On next Generation this cube goes away.
Play by the rules, and all is fine.
- Bonus TR: when increasing Temp or Oxy, the player gets the TR and any bonuses in production, as well as advancing Temp on Oxy 8%.
- Game Piece Inventory counts cards in hand, to see if the player claiming the milestone has 16 cards or more.
- Counters on map (TR, Oxy, Temp tracks; Oceans, Greenery and Cities in map; milestones and awards locations) snap to location.
* Choose a color * Change the Score counter for this color to 14 * Move the colored cube on the track from 20 to 14 * You have 14 generation to fulfill the 3 objectives ! This is the rule ! * Don't cheat, there is no draft : you start with 10 cards and pay for the ones you want to keep. At each new generation you draw 4 more cards, and you pay for the ones you want to keep. * You only count your point if you finish the game in 14 generations. There are no Milestones or Awards to be dealt with. * If you must reduce some production for a card to be played, this is always possible by considering a ghost player who always have something to lose.
Module 1.0.2 - en & fr
Sorry for the size of the module, but with both english and french cards, this makes more than 20 MB. Unfortunately this can't be done with an extension.
Added as global properties There are 13 counters for each player. Player Black (and any other color) has a button to increase his TM level by 1. On the Player Black Map, there are 6 boxes with the level of each of the 6 production : Income, Steel, Titanium, Plants, Energy, Heat On the Player Black Map, there are 6 boxes with the amount of : Money, Steel, titanium, Plant, Energy, Heat Below the TM Level and Banker Level, there is a vox for Total Income in M€.
Automatic Counters - Next Generation When the Next generation button is pressed, all Prod will increase the amount of all of the 6 productions level (including the Total Income calculated from the TM Level and the Banker Level) When a Player TM+1 button is pressed, the TM Level increases for this player, plus of course the total income, and the colored cube will move on the track around the main board.
Moves on the track 5 cubes (1 per color) are placed at start on the level 20 on the main board. No need to delete/remove them (anyway, it's not possible) even if less than 5 players are playing. These will move around the board, and shoudl correctly handle the curves at 25, 50, 75 and 100. Still, the +1 at 100 may generate a problem and be counted twice. Don't worry, just replace the cube on the board. Each cube can be manually moved on the track ... this allows for the colored cubes not to be always hidden by another player's :) As the text window tell you at which level a player's score cube should be placed, you can correct this manually if you want. Counters Each player has a counter that can be manually edited from the Dice & Counters menu ... so you can add 10 points by hand if you want, usefull at the end of the game.
A sound has been added for each of the 4 major counters : lake, generation, temperature and oxygen. Just reduce the sound if you don't like them.
- Buttons on the board for the Standard projects to be paid automatically from the user's money.
- Buttons/counter/property to pay for the cards ... this is NOT automatic at this time.
- Buttons to revendicate the milestones and bet on the awards, placing a cube on them, and paying from the bank
Module 1.0.1 - en & fr
English and French available
- Translated logs and cards are independent
- Even if you don't want to play in french, the module has a lot of new fatures
- All the cards have been scanned in both english and french - players can swap from en to fr from the menu (2 flags shown)
- The logs have been duplicated in french too - this requires to change the Vassal preferences and restart the engine to have the game in french
- With twice as many scanned cards, the en & fr module is 22,2 MB - Hey, what did you expect ?
- Counters are used for the 3 major objectives and the generation
- Pushing the objective button moves the White cube on the track (except for the lakes, as there is no track), and gives info in the log that the player should also move their TM marker
- Oxygen 8% pushes Temp +2° ; Temp 0° tells to add a lake and increase player counters
- If you don't rely on a saved setup game, you must place the correct White Cube on the main board : the 3 cubes are distinct, as they move with the counters push buttons
- Suggestion is to use a 5 players saved setup game, and not opening the non-played colors - probably remove their TM counter from the track as well
- Each color/player has 3 maps : hand, cards, map
- The hand is invisible from other players and raises warning about the price of cards brought to it ... from the research phase
- When a card is moved from hand to cards, it raises a warning about the card cost that should be paid by the player
- On the cards board, blue cards can have action and/or color cubes + unit cubes placed. These may need to be moved manually instead of stacked, as they would not be easy to see at the end
- Feedbacks are welcome on these modifications so we can decide if we add more