Create account / Log in

New Player to Vassal and Looking for Short 1v1 Intro Game

Post here if you're looking for opponents for both live and PBEM Vassal games.

Moderators: uckelman, Tim M

New Player to Vassal and Looking for Short 1v1 Intro Game

Postby moonhowler9 » June 9th, 2021, 12:40 am

Hello everyone! I just recently discovered Vassal and would love to have someone to give me a little guidance with using Vassal and introduce me to strategy/wargames in general. I have never played any myself but have had my eye on a few free games online such as Victory & Valor. I would love to play a 1v1 with someone (preferably PBEM, as I have a somewhat hectic schedule currently). I don't much mind what game as long as it's somewhat beginner-friendly lol. I'm open to anything, I'm just trying to get my feet wet. I appreciate any advice/tips as well. Thank you guys in advance, I look forward to becoming a part of the community! ;D
moonhowler9

Re: New Player to Vassal and Looking for Short 1v1 Intro Gam

Postby FredDilts » June 9th, 2021, 10:18 pm

Welcome! Please identify for us some board games you've played and/or read about.
FredDilts

Postby ChuckS » June 9th, 2021, 10:26 pm

What games do you own?
ChuckS

Postby moonhowler9 » June 10th, 2021, 2:25 am

I don't actually own any commercial games so I was thinking on playing something free like Victory & Valor or Battle for Moscow.
moonhowler9

Postby PzrLehr » June 11th, 2021, 9:27 pm

Valor & Victory is a great game!
PzrLehr

Postby alanschmuck » July 15th, 2021, 9:18 pm

moonhowler9 wrote:Hello everyone! I just recently discovered Vassal and would love to have someone to give me a little guidance with using Vassal and introduce me to strategy/wargames in general. I have never played any myself but have had my eye on a few free games online such as Victory & Valor. I would love to play a 1v1 with someone (preferably PBEM, as I have a somewhat hectic schedule currently). I don't much mind what game as long as it's somewhat beginner-friendly lol. I'm open to anything, I'm just trying to get my feet wet. I appreciate any advice/tips as well. Thank you guys in advance, I look forward to becoming a part of the community! ;D

Hello Moonhowler,

I am all about helping people learn wargaming and VASSAL. The more new players the better. I don't check on VASSAL super often, but if you send me a message, we can discuss some options for playing with VASSAL. As a start, Russ Gifford created a cool power point pdf on the use of VASSAL. It is located on the SPIgames.net site. http://www.spigames.net/PDFv7/GettingStarted.pdf.

Regards,

Alan
alanschmuck

Return to Opponents Wanted