Create account / Log in

SPI Game Module Posting Update

Topics related to Vassal game modules.

Moderators: uckelman, Tim M

Re: SPI Game Module Posting Update

Postby neonpico » December 31st, 2020, 5:08 am

A returning player, here, when I noticed that SPI modules are now allowed! A couple years ago, I made a module for Outreach: The conquest of the galaxy, 3000AD but only used it with "local" players when I noticed that other SPI games were being blocked. Now that they seem to be allowed, I would like to submit the module I had made.

It appears that someone else made a quick-and-dirty attempt at a module. IMHO, my module is more complete than the currently hosted module. What should I do to submit my module and still play nice with the other author?
neonpico

Postby Tim M » December 31st, 2020, 5:16 am

upload and add your version to the exsisting module page - note differences as required in comments. Just don't overwrite/modify their stuff

see http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module ... Guidelines for more
Tim,
Vassal Uber Geek/Guru

Problems? post your OS, Physical Mem, version of Vassal and Java plus the Module in question.
No developer can help with out that info, thx!
Tim M

Postby neonpico » January 2nd, 2021, 5:08 pm

Thanks, Tim. That helped.
neonpico

Postby Grishnakh » March 14th, 2021, 3:43 pm

Hi,

Great news about the SPI Games.

FYI, the link for "NATO: Operational Combat in Europe in the 1970's" is actually the game Normandy (Normandy_v10.vmod).

thanks,

brian
Grishnakh

Postby Piergiorgio » April 2nd, 2021, 9:08 am

Indeed there's not only some mixed modules, but also some major wiki formatting issues (and for major I mean "link to the module in red", either because the link is badly written in wiki markup or isn't uploaded) e.g. Grenadier, Nordligen in the 30 year quad, and A mighty fortress.

A funny issue is that for the module WW3 1976 to 1984 the cover image is that of.. Dreadnought ! I chuckled, as Naval Historian... ;)

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.
Piergiorgio

Postby jrwatts » April 2nd, 2021, 11:07 pm

There's a list of all uploaded files here: http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Special:ListFiles, so you can always search for the correct file and fix the link when you find such an error.
jrwatts

Postby warmonger66 » April 10th, 2021, 5:34 am

Not sure quite where to post this, but a forum about SPI games suddenly being available seemed like a start. I just wanted to point out that the module page for Voyage of the B.S.M. Pandora shows the box top for, link to boardgamegeek for, and description of Voyage of the B.S.M. Pandora, but the module downloadable on that page is named Wreck of the BSM Pandora (SPI) v1.vmod and is a module for, exactly that, Wreck otBSMP from Ares #2, not for Voyage otBSMP from Ares #6 as the page implies otherwise.
If this is not the place to discuss that, perhaps someone could suggest a better course of action for me to take.
warmonger66

Postby Piergiorgio » April 11th, 2021, 9:07 am

jrwatts wrote:There's a list of all uploaded files here: http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Special:ListFiles, so you can always search for the correct file and fix the link when you find such an error.

Thanks, It's an useful tool, but sadly useless if the module creator (or uploader) forgot to actually upload the file... whose seems the case for Grenadier and Mighty Fortress, but for nordigen indeed was a typo in the link, already corrected by another fellow.

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.
Piergiorgio

Previous

Return to Module General Discussion