Create account / Log in

Global Invisibility Trait

Talk about module design ideas and techniques.

Moderators: uckelman, Tim M

Global Invisibility Trait

Postby keefersa » July 28th, 2020, 2:44 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to create a trait for a whole class of counters, rendering them invisible and immobile as a group on a global key command, and am running into difficulties. I'm not sure how to enter invisibility and as a property here, and how to do it in a way that would simultaneously render all counters of this type invisible/immobile. Ideally, I'd like to hit a command key to hide/unhide all military counters as part of a diplomatic history game.

Any help would be appreciated.
keefersa

Re: Global Invisibility Trait

Postby grouchysmurf » July 28th, 2020, 10:24 pm

Invisible for one side only? Invisible for all players?

Idea: let all the counters have a layer, activated. Don't select image for the counters themselves; when layer is activated, it "constitutes" a counter, so to say. Have a GKC to activate / deactivate the layer.
grouchysmurf

Postby keefersa » August 2nd, 2020, 4:54 pm

Hi again,

the more I dig into this, the more I end up getting stuck, although this is my first module. I've been trying to put together a GKC as suggested for this with no luck, so I decided to take a step back and build the example in the designer's guide (page 48), simply creating a rally trait with a GKC and am getting nowhere. I can create and activate a separate layer, but am unable to get a GKC to automate this.

To retrace my steps: I created a Marker for the infantry counter, with property name "Infantry" and property value "Infantry" then created a Layer level named Rally, with a separate image layer activated by CTRL A.
On the leader counter, I entered a description "Rally Infantry Units" command name "Rally" and global key command CTRL A. The Matching properties was filled in with "type=Infantry && Rally_Active=false"
Do you know what I'm doing wrong here? Any help would be appreciated.
keefersa

Postby grouchysmurf » August 3rd, 2020, 9:50 am

Conditions can be tricky in Vassal. Checkv out the working example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/riavl1th2jlhr ... .vmod?dl=0
grouchysmurf

Return to Module Design