A new Vassal mod for Babylonia is now available for download.
San Marco, published by Ravensburger and designed by Alan R. Moon and Aaron Weissblum is now available as a Vassal v3.2.17 vmod.
The Jaws of Victory, a New England Simulations Korsun Pocket game, has been released.
Strike of the Eagle has been updated to v1.3 and is now available.
Imperium Romanum II Vassal module version 3.0 is now available. This version improves the power and mobilization boards.
Vassal module version 1.3 is now available for Avalon Hill‘s Source of the Nile from 1978. The update fixes the Blank Label issue.
- LOS tool now dims unit counters and markers, rather than making them invisible
- Added ‘Attack’ tool that works similar to the LOS tool, indicating which unit is attacking, including ‘From’ and ‘To’ hexes
- Removed visible hex numbering, since the maps have the hex numbers in the artwork; hex numbering still reported
- Changed FFE marker from sticky to regular marker; FFE marker can now be placed on top of stack
- Added additional zoom factors to make viewing multi-map configurations possible
- Added right-click option to ‘Add HQ’ to all transport and amphibious transport units; also added to WGER Munga 106MM RR units
- Added right-click option for placing Missile markers on relevant units; cycles through Reloading, Low Ammo, Out of Ammo
- Added right-click option to Recon units to ‘Spot Concealed’ units at a distance of 5 hexes
- Added right-click option to Helo units for ‘Nap of the Earth’ and ‘Landed’ markers
- Added right-click option to all vehicle units to ‘Place Wrecks’ marker at bottom of stack
- Added a ‘6-dice’ button to the toolbar
- Added the Notes window to the toolbar
The VASSAL Team is happy to announce the release of VASSAL 3.3.0-beta3.
- This is a beta release. Things may be broken which worked in 3.2.17. If you find a bug introduced since 3.2.17, please report it.
- If you save a module in VASSAL 3.3, you will NOT be able to open it afterwards with VASSAL 3.2. We recommend keeping a backup copy of any pre-3.3 modules you plan to modify in 3.3 until you’ve verified that everything works to your satisfaction.
- Some modules containing custom drawing code may render incorrectly on HiDPI displays. If you are the maintainer of such a module, let us know and we can advise you about what needs updating for 3.3 in your code. (We are aware already that VASL has this problem and are working with its maintainers to update it.)
New in 3.3.0
- 12557, 12613: Compatibility with Java 9+: VASSAL 3.2 would not run with anything newer than Java 8. VASSAL 3.3 now requires Java 11 or later.
- 12558, 12724: Bundle Java with VASSAL: The Mac and Windows packages now include Java 14. It is no longer necessary to install Java separately when using one of these packages.
- 12559: HiDPI support: VASSAL now has support for displays with a high pixel density (e.g., Retina displays). On such displays, you should now see correctly sized interface elements and sharper image rendering.
Bug fixes in 3.3.0-beta3:
- 12732: Use all available rendering hints for text
- 12731: javax.sound.samples.Clip fails to convert WAV files it can play
Bug fixes in 3.3.0-beta2:
- 12579: Don’t bundle Java on Linux
Bug fixes in 3.3.0-beta1:
- 12556: Mass Piece Definer does not sort image names
For changes prior to 3.3.0-beta1, see the change log.
VASSAL 3.3 requires Java 11 or later.
The Windows and Mac packages have an appropriate version of Java bundled with them, so there is no need to install Java separately on those operating systems.
Help us test
Should you find any problems/oddities/bugs, please tell us so that we can fix them for a future release of VASSAL. Report bugs here in the Technical Support & Bugs category at the VASSAL forums or by email.
The VASSAL Team
Tigris and Euphrates v 4.1 is now available.
Summarizing all recent work, this includes:
– A choice of maps
– Optional use of ziggurat and advanced buildings
– Priority treasures marked
– Private hands actually private
– Automated counting scoring cubes
– Lots of new useful menu/keyboard commands
– Randomized turn order that can be referred to throughout the game.
Conquistador, by Avalon Hill (1981), has been updated to version 1.1 and is now available,