|Publisher||Clever Mojo Games||Era||Science Fiction|
|Players||2 to 4||Scale||Strategic|
|Maintainer||Gaëtan Beaujannot,Laurent Picard|
Alien Frontiers is a game of resource management and planetary development for two to four players. During the game you will utilize orbital facilities and alien technology to build colony domes in strategic locations to control the newly discovered world.
The game board shows the planet, its moon, the stations in orbit around the planet, and the solar system’s star. The dice you are given at the start of the game represent the space ships in your fleet. You will assign these ships to the orbital facilities in order to earn resources, expand your fleet, and colonize the planet.
As the game progresses, you will place your colony tokens on the planet to represent the amount of control you have over each territory. Those territories exert influence over specific orbital facilities and, if you control a territory, you are able to utilize that sway to your advantage.
The planet was once the home of an alien race and they left behind a wondrous artifact in orbit. Using your fleet to explore the artifact, you will discover amazing alien technologies that you can use to advance your cause.
Winning the game will require careful consideration as you assign your fleet, integrate the alien technology and territory influences into your expansion plans, and block your opponents from building colonies of their own. Do you have what it takes to conquer an alien frontier?
Module in EN by VassalForge. To be sure to have the last version : You can find the Module here
Changes in v1.4
- Added sound to the dice (Ships) rolling.
- Colony pieces and dice (Ships) now indicate starting/ending locations after placement in chat window.
- Disabled left-click to roll dice, use Right-Click menu, or Ctrl-L
Tip: To launch ALL of your ships, select them all at once, then launch them
- Added die (ship) roll results to chat area.
- Added Player's Turn Completed, next players turn message to the silhouette button.
Changes in v1.51
- Added the 2 promo card : space crane and Mind control Helmet
Changes in v1.6
- Made background black for ease on the eyes
- Made weblinks current in menus and buttons
- Made zooms larger for bigger resolution friendliness
- Stopped items being placed in wrong piles
Suggestions and Feedback
- Firstly really nicely done Gaëtan and Laurent. Can I suggest adding functions on the dice to allow you to add 1, subtract 1 or flip the dice. Currently when a player uses the corresponding Alien Tech Card you have to keep rolling the dice until you get the appropriate number. - Yojimbo252
- Thks for your feedback, it'done in 1.2 - Gaetan
Extremely well done module. Couple of suggestions:
- is it possible to increase the size of the dice when moved "outside" the game board? I usually play the game on a widescreen 42 inch tv, and before rolling, i drag the die to the white area on the right side. The die pips are too small to see. An alternative.. instead of showing pips, show large numbers instead.
- can we align the order of the players with the order of colors on the game board? Ie player1 is red, player 2 is blue, player 3 is green, and player 4 is yellow. Currently player 3 is yellow and player 4 is green.
- a button to "auto-gather" all dies/ships in play?
- we still need "flip" the dice.. ie 1 to 6, 2 to 5, 3 to 4 and vice versa
- Gaëtan Beaujannot