Module:Red Star/White Eagle: The Russo-Polish War, 1920 – Designer Signature Edition
|Publisher||Compass Games||Era||Between Wars|
|Players||1 to 3||Scale||Strategic|
|Length||180 -360 minutes|
|RSWE v1.3.vmod||Module||27.83 MB||2018-06-04||3.2.17|
|RSWE v1.2.vmod||Module||27.74 MB||2018-05-03||3.2.17|
|RSWE v1.1.vmod||Module||27.74 MB||2018-05-02||3.2.17|
|RSWE v1.01.vmod||Module||27.74 MB||2018-04-13||3.2.17|
Version 1.1 Update:
- Fixed OOB error in Russian Gates of Warsaw window (missing 86 Cavalry Regiment).
- Changed button labels for OOB windows.
Version 1.2 Update:
- Fixed OOB error in Russian Gates of Warsaw window (Cavalry replacements should all be 1-strength).
Version 1.3 Update:
- Updated artwork on all 2-step units: Two pips appear at the top of such pieces when at full-strength; one pip when at reduced strength. Units with only one step (most regiments, armored trains, etc) have no pip.
Please read the module instructions below:
Red Star/White Eagle: Designer's Signature Edition VASSAL Module Instructions
Most things should be self-explanatory. There are a few things that users should know, however:
1. Game pieces are in the scenario setup windows, accessible from toolbar buttons. Some units are duplicated, appearing in all three scenario setup windows. For this reason, we suggest users select all game pieces NOT being using the scenario they choose to play, right-click on them, and DELETE.
2. The main map has the CAMPAIGN SETUP template overlay activated. This is a convenience to aid setup. If you wish to play BELORUSSIAN scenario, right-click anywhere in the main map and choose the Belorussian template. If you wish to play the GATES OF WARSAW or when you have finished setting up the campaign or Belorussian scenario, right-click on the map and choose to delete the template. IMPORTANT: don't delete until both players are set-up and ready to start as you cannot re-activate the template once it has been deleted.
3. Units may not be deleted while on the main map. This is a safety device. To delete a unit, move it to another window like one of the scenario setup cards.
4. Reinforcements appear in each player's reinforcement window.
5. This module does not have much in the way of rules enforcement. IMPORTANT: If a feature of this module conflicts with the game's rulebook, the game's rulebook takes precedence.
6. There are TWO Turn Record Track windows in this module: one for the Gates of Warsaw scenario, and one for the other scenarios. The Game Turn marker begins in the Turn Record Track window for the Campaign game. Right-click on it to move it to the other window if you wish to play GATES OF WARSAW.
7. IMPORTANT: The Window in which the Game Turn marker is positioned will determine which window units are sent when "Send to Eliminated" right-click functions are executed.
8. Control markers are layered so that they do not stack with units. They will appear at the bottom of a stack.
9. Optional units are in the pieces tray, accessible from the toolbar button.
10. PBEM users may find the yellow arrows in the pieces tray to be of use. Use the right-click label feature to record combat results and/or notes.
11. Remember: Right-Click is your buddy! Right-click to discover functionality on game pieces.
- Joel Toppen