|Year||2012||Topic||French Wars of Religion|
|Players||2 to 6||Scale||Strategic|
Files and Module Information
|Virgin_Queen_4.1.vmod||Module||11.98 MB||2020-11-19||3.4.8+||JoelCFC25||mkiefte, Dulgin|
Please read "How to Use This Module" in the Help menu or Player Aids menu after opening the module! There is also a Quick Start file to help the process of starting a game (either with or without ACTS). As of 4.1, the Tutorial Scenario is no longer included--if you really want to try it, see the discussion page for links to older modules that include it.
NOTE: This module does not enforce rules. Players need to know the rules and apply them correctly. It tracks the Protestant space count just like the Here I Stand module.
Compatibility and Upgrading: Saved games and logfiles from earlier versions are not compatible--never change module versions in the midst of an ongoing PBEM game.
- Discarded cards and spent treasures automatically return to draw piles when the turn is advanced
- Newly-arriving event and home cards are automatically added to the deck (or player hands) when the turn is advanced
- Two windows for Protestant Spaces/Diplomatic Status and Diplomatic Influence have been combined into one
- On-map trackers/aides for:
- Who has the +2 bonus to Scotland diplomatic resolution
- Huguenot progress towards Catholic League formation (remove tracker when League forms to get the Day of the Barricades and Paris is Worth a Mass cards to be added on the next turn) (starting Turn 3)
- Counting spaces for the Dutch Revolt event (starting Turn 3)
- Counting for the Enterprise of England event (starting Turn 4)
- Visual indicator for which of France or Protestants controls le Clerc and de Sores sea captains
- Keys no longer need to match religious state when being exchanged after a rebellion to keep the Protestant Space count accurate
- Improved indicators for which power patronized an Italian artist/scientist
- Smaller royal cards for a less crowded Wedding display when multiple marriages are arranged in a turn
Managing Control Markers
For module changelog and older versions, see the module discussion page
- John Longstreet