Tips and Tricks
This is an index of Tips and Tricks that have been compiled by users over time in creating modules, performing functions, using traits, etc..
If you have a tip or trick you would like to add, create the page then link to it here.
- How to use a Trigger Action to flip a card
- How to send a card to the bottom of a Deck
- How to activate selected units that match a randomly drawn chit
- How to use a Global Key Command to reset a layer on all counters
- How to make terrain-based variants of the same map
- How to use Zone Highlighters to dynamically shade sections of map
- How to deal cards from a deck
- How to count the number of cards in a player's hand
- How to add checkboxes to cards or counters
- How to calculate total of numeric Property of all pieces in particular location/state.
- How to include PDF of rulebook in VASSAL module help menu.
- How to use String functions in VASSAL
- How to use Random Numbers and other Math functions in VASSAL
- How to have Windows 10 open VMOD files as if they were ZIP files
- How to use Alert in Beanshell to inform the user